Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Music. Music is My Life

Music 
a poem by Louise A. Peppe

Music is my heart -
beating on a cold, dreary, January day.

Music is my heart, 
like a drum, almost skipping beats, 
becoming a series of
"beeeep. bop. beeep. bop. beeep. bop"s.
Music;
It will fly away, like a hummingbird,
happily making its way home 
under the hot July sun.



Music is my heart, 
Pounding.
Pitter-pattering.
Pitter-pattering.
Slowing down.
Becoming an even, everlasting beat.
That will always speed up, and slow down, and speed up again.
Music, like my heart -
It will 
Never
Stop
Beating. 

My life would be nothing like it is now without the addition music. I grew up with music. It has molded me, shaped me, roughened my edges, smoothed bumpy roads, slapped me, congratulated me, hugged me, knocked me down, and picked me back up.

Music is intertwined with my heart, my soul, and my spirit.
It is my life. Singing, dancing, and skip-hopping along. Every Single Day.

So... Today I'll share some of this music.
Music that has touched me, shot directly into my core.
In the words of Brian Adams, these two songs... they come:

Straight from the heart.

Below is a live performance of Racing Like a Pro by The National.
Favorite lyrics from this song are the chorus, starting with:
Your mind is racing like a pro, now
Oh my God, it doesn't mean a lot to you
and this simple, yet revealing, verse:
Sometimes you get up and bake a cake or something
Sometimes you stay in bed



But to keep things upbeat and end on a positive note, I'll leave you with another favorite song.
Below is the official music video for Stay Positive by The Hold Steady.



To sum it up:

Whoa ho ah, whoa ho, ah, whoa ho ah, We've gotta stay positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment