Monday, April 21, 2014

Recharging.....

So, I woke up this morning and my super-fantastic smart phone was dead. Very, very dead.
Not 13%, not 7%, not 3%. 0 percent.

I can't help but think of my phone's dead battery as a unique metaphor for the deep-rooted tiredness that is currently traveling through my body, through my "electric" circuitry.

It amazes me, nearly every day, how the human body can persist under severe mental and physical stress, how almost every human being has the ability to wake up, to rise from nothing, and become something. Something BIG. Something that can change the world.

Somehow, the universe, God, or whatever one chooses to believe in, it whispers quietly, yet urgently: RUN
CHARGE. Get up out of the gutter. Return to 100%. NOW.


DON'T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND

Because waiting.... waiting can equal death. D-E-A-T-H.
Death of the body, death of the mind. Or, heaven/universe forbidding, both.

Take, for example, the runners, helpless victims, and numerous heros of the 2013 Boston Marathon. These determined human beings not only persisted, but became ever stronger after the tragic bombing on April 15th.

Or think of those countless times when you haven't allowed yourself adequate time to recharge and make up a long-standing sleep debt. Sleep debts are dangerous.

I know, with a heavy heart, that my sleep debt is enormous.

But, as my husband Brad likes to say, "It's like eating an elephant." You just gotta take it bite by bite, and eventually, whatever your elephant may be, it will one day disappear. You won't even realize it. Suddenly, it will just be gone. Vanished. One day, with the help of a friend, with the help of whatever God or flower or tree or sky that you pray to, your elephant will vanish. It will vanish, and it will be gone. Not just for now, not just for a few days, or a week, or a year. Your elephant will dissolve, and it will break up into a million little pieces that are brushed away, brushed aside, swept up, and swept away.

For good. And YOU. Yes, YOU were the one that made it happen. Not your friend. Not your God.

YOU.
----------------

So, each night I go to sleep feeling as though I could sleep for a week. I "plug myself in". I recharge. But, alas, it won't be enough. I must wake up and do my job. I must wake up and live my life. And I love it. I LOVE MY STRUGGLE because I OWN MY STRUGGLE. ME, and no one else.
"Every day I'm shuffling"

"Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO

Kudos to the ladies in the "Shake That" video (link above) for shakin' it! Nice to see some women gettin' down with it for a change! Remember, ladies, if a man does something (breakdancing, for example), SO CAN YOU! And, you can absolutely ROCK at that thing.

Talk to ya later. I'm off to do my job. To bring in some smackaroos. To make the big bucks.
I'll be out there. Shuffling. You better believe I'll be shaking.
Oh yeah, I'll shake that.

ciao, adios. (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment