Monday, May 19, 2014

Thanks, Mom

First and foremost: Mom, I love you. You gave me life. You gave me joy. You gave me everything I have needed in life to survive and thrive.

We've had some difficult times, you and I.
But, we've made it through.

Why?

love
 



Love trumps all.

Love trumps negativity.

Love will squash negativity like an insect reduced to nothing but guts and a dark spot on the pavement.
(not that I am endorsing squashing our little insect friends, lol)

We can try to change. We can try to take those negatives and make them positives....
(and we probably should)
but, we need not worry about these things during every second of every day.

Always, always remember: Remember Love.

I will be here for my mom for as long as I live. And she will be here for me for as long as she lives.

How can one deny the connection that a daughter has with her mother? Or that a son has with his mother? I admire SO much about my mother, but I suppose it should all start with the simple fact that She gave me life. She gave me life and carried me with her for months (months!) until that day, on December 28, when she was ready to let me go and I was ready to say hello to this great big world.

Motherly devotion and investment? Yes.

I am not a mother, but I hope to one day have a similar connection with my own children...
Little tiny humans who will grow to be not so little anymore.
They will grow and grow and grow...
And one day, maybe in an instant, maybe over a few days, maybe over a few weeks, maybe years....
I hope I will have a best friend for life.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment